Ice cream is one of the most popular treats in the world. It is a cold, creamy dessert that comes in all kinds of flavours and is often served in a cone. In the 1950s, the ice cream industry revolutionized American society in a way no one had before. Entrepreneurs those are looking for a new business ideas & have little interest in ice cream manufacturing business, this article can be helpful.
As the world’s largest food manufacturer, it led to fancier and fancier treats and stronger and stronger flavours. No doubt, it’s a most popular industry is one of the most lucrative in the world.It provides countless jobs, and it is a major source of revenue for many small and big companies. If you are thinking of starting your own ice cream manufacturing business, you’ve come to the right place.
This guide will help you get started, and teach you everything you need to know in order to make and sell the delicious frozen treat. I will cover everything from the equipment you will need to the steps you will need to take in order to get your business up and running.
This article will be very helpful for you everywhere.
Is Ice Cream Manufacturing Business Profitable?
Ice cream manufacturing is quite competitive but it is very profitable. Globally business market was around 69.79 billion US dollars in 2020. Which is expected to grow from 71.52 billion US dollars in 2021 to 97.85 billion US dollars in 2028. This industry was estimated to grow from 2021 to 2028 at a CAGR of 4.85%.
Now you may think
What is the Profit Margin ?
Ice cream manufacturing business is one of the most lucrative businesses. Business owners of this industry does not spend even 1% of their sales income in advertising. But still their businesses are earning billions every year. The profit margin in this business was pretty good at the rate of around 20% to 30%.
How Much Can You Earn From Ice Cream Manufacturing Business?
It is obvious that people want to do Ice cream manufacturing business because of its profitability. This business owners earn according to the quality of their material, which they prepare. Their earnings also depends upon some things such as how big their business is, how popular their ice creams are and many other.
Usually small business owners can earn around 45,000 Rs to 1.2 lakh Rs per month.
It depends upon the types of flavours they have they can earn more with more flavours. Whereas medium and large scale business owners can earn upto 3 to 20 lakh Rs per month.
How Much Investment You Require to Start an Ice Cream Manufacturing Business?
The most of the investment of your money will fall in purchasing machineries and equipments.
According to the size of your business your cost also changes. Generally it will cost you in between 5 lakh to 10 lakh to start a medium scale business. If you want to start your business as a large scale venture then you need a much larger investment.
Read lawn care business plan : How to Start a Lawn Care Service Business (A Simple Useful Guide)
To know about drop shipping plan read : How to Start a Drop Shipping Business?
What are the Equipments and Machines You Need to Start Ice Cream Making Business?
The machines and equipments required depends upon the type of your Ice cream manufacturing business.
If you want to open an ice cream parlor then you need all the given equipments.
- Mixing bowls
- Wax paper
- Ice cream makers
- Packaging materials
- Mesh stainers
The machines you will require to start ice cream manufacturing business at a large scale are:-
- Cream separator
- Heat exchanger
- Ice candy making machine
- Ageing tank
- Continuous freezers
- Ice cream stick packing machine
- Ice cream hardner
To know how to get ice cream making machines, you can search in Google Ice cream making machine vendors near me, or you can go out and ask from other ice cream business owners in relation to machines.
How to Start Ice Cream Manufacturing Business From Home?
To start ice cream manufacturing business from home, you have to follow these steps:-
1) Budgeting your whole business through planning
2) Purchasing and setting necessary machines and equipments, Such as freezer, whiskers and forks, sieve and other equipments.
3) Purchasing raw material for making ice creams
4) Setting up a selling area
5) Advertising your business, as no one know your business in starting.
For this you can make business cards of your Ice cream manufacturing business, your business bag, etc.
Would it be Beneficial to Buy an Already Set Ice Cream Manufactuirng Business?
If you see somewhere that ice cream making business for sale, then you have to remember some of these points which may influence your ice cream making business buying decision.
Due to which you can prevent a huge loss of your money in ice cream manufacturing business.
• You have to see this thing that how much did it cost to the other person to start that business
and also at what price he is willing to sell his business.
• You have to see that what was his brand reputation in the market, do people like their ice cream or not?
•Check and make sure that all the machines and equipments are in good condition.
• You have to see that their ice cream parlour must at a public place and not in isolation.
By reading so far you know that how much investment you have to make to start your business.
So, if you find the other business being sold at a comparatively low rates, then you have to buy it at that cost, it will surely be an asset for you.
How to Research in the Market?
You have to research in the market before starting your ice cream manufacturing business to know the competition in your area. Because it is very difficult to create a separate identity of your ice cream manufacturing business when there is a heavy competition in the market. You can ask questions from Google such as Ice cream manufacturing business around me, etc.
You have to do physically research in the market at your own level to know the competition.
If there is a great competition in your area, then you have to start your ice cream manufacturing business at a different place to flourish.
Read also : How to Start a Mobile App Design Business: A Guide For Beginners
Read blogging business plan : How to Start a Blog and Make Money?
Which Licenses Do You Need to Start an Ice Cream Manufacturing Business?
Licenses are very important to avoid heavy penalties by government later. Doing every work under government supervision and according to their rules and regulations is best for your ice cream manufacturing business.
The licenses you have to acquire to start this business are:-
- FSSAI License
- Trade license
- Firm Registration
- GST registration
- Sales tax registration
- Current Bank Account
- Trade Mark
- Business Pan Card
Here is a complete step by step process that will guide you to start your own business.
1) Planning : Planning is very important if you want to start anything small or big. Napoleon hill and many great people says that events occur firstly in man’s mind and then in reality.
You have to plan.
- How you accumulate money to start your ice cream manufacturing business?
- How you can make your ice creams more delicious? So that people buy more from you.
- How you treat your customers?
- How to make ice cream small business a huge company?
Can you start ice cream cone making business also to reduce the cost of ice cream cones?
2) Registration : You have to register your business in any form such as limited liability Partnership, one person company or any other.
3) Registration for taxes : Registering your business for taxes is also a very important part of any business. By registering your business for taxes, you can expand your business from one state to another easily.
4) Acquiring land : The land you buy or the shop you rent must be at a public place and at a place where there crowds accumulates everyday. It is always recommended to rent a shop instead of building a new one.
In this case, building your business in big vans is a good choice, You can travel to a place where there are people in large quantity.
5) Buying machines : According to the size and type of your ice cream manufacturing business, you have to buy ice cream manufacturing machine for business as mentioned above. Because ice cream manufacturing machine for small businesses are not too expensive to purchase. Equipments you need to carry on your business plays a very vital role in your business.
Some additional machines you have to buy to for your business are:-
- M.S. Brine tank
- Agitator fan assembly
- Push Cart trolleys
- Water spray assembly
6) Hiring employees : Now when you have completed all the processes and started your own business, then it is the time to automate your business.
You have to hire employees in your business so that you can focus on more crucial activities,
such as marketing, advertising, etc. When you start hiring employees then you will start earning with much lower efforts than previously.
When you make your business completely automatic then you can expand your business to other states.
- Marketing : Advertising and promoting your brand is a great way to attract customers towards your business. And in this business, everyone is a potential customer for you because no one hates ice creams.
You have to make your business account in various social media applications. Social media is a great way of attracting customers to your product. You can use graffiti as an advertising option.
You can print phamphlets and business cards to distribute them among people to create awareness towards your brand.
From Where to Learn How to Make the Best Ice cream?
To learn anything the best source is books. You can read ice cream manufacturing business books to know how to make ice cream perfectly. Books may be time consuming and boring sometimes,
then you can try search engines such as Google and YouTube. There are a lot of people who teaches us how to make good ice cream online.
You can see various videos and read various blogs and then you can experiment by yourself to create a new type of ice cream.
Want to become a Youtuber? read : How to Become a Youtuber – An Ultimate Checklist