Do you love seeing people with different types of jewellery/ornaments? I know, it’s yes and that’s why you’re here!And, you have come to the correct place to get all your confusion disappeared. First of all, you need to understand the reason you should start an artificial jewellery business in the Indian market.
India is not only one of the biggest jewellery markets but also a great source of such ornaments. The various metals used to adore Indian jewellery are gold, platinum, palladium, silver-sterling, stainless steel, titanium, and tungsten.
Business idea: Recycling Items Retailership Business in India 2021
In India, people use to wear jewellery during engagements & weddings, family functions, birthdays & parties, official events/occasions, and so on. Even, both women and men enjoy wearing the ornaments. The showing off jewellery by Indians leads to a booming market of artificial jewellery in India.
“People who wear jewellery, only accept good vibes.”
Purchasing jewellery, again and again, can cost very high. In comparison to gold ornaments, artificial jewellery is cost-effective and looks graceful, more authentic, and available in all modern customizable designs.
In this article, we are going to discuss what the artificial jewellery business is all about, the future of the business, the benefits of doing this business, steps to consider before you start an artificial jewellery business, top Indian artificial jewellery brands, top most Indian artificial jewellery markets, and most importantly the manufacturers and suppliers of the business.
Related business: Start Your Own Weight Loss Restaurant
What is Artificial Jewellery?
Artificial ornaments are the imitation of real jewellery that is made up of using a variety of artificial materials. You can also call this fashion jewellery or fashion ornaments since artificial jewellery allows you to experiment with different trends and styles without paying as much as real ornaments do.
Artificial ornaments are mostly prepared with copper, steel, bronze, wood, soil, bamboo, silk, and aluminium. Even artificial pearls, crystals, and feathers are also used to make the artificial jewellery stunning and precious.
Similar business: How To Start Your Own Project Management Consulting Business
What Does an Artificial Jewellery Business Do?
Generally, if you are not manufacturing artificial ornaments, you can purchase the jewellery from top Indian artificial jewellery manufacturers and suppliers. To market or sell the products, you have both the opportunities to sell the ornaments in a local market or by selling them through your online store.
You need to be selective and intelligent to purchase jewellery depending on the latest trends and fashions. In my opinion, you should go for antique jewellery, Kundan jewellery, Indo-western jewellery, designer jewellery, and western jewellery.
Related business: How To Initiate Your Own Digital Marketing Agency In 2021
Types of Artificial Jewellery Business
The types of artificial jewellery you need to consider to sell in India are:
- Pendant set
- Hath Pan
- Finger ring
- Baju Band
- Hair clip
- Ear chain
- Nose ring
- Sindoor box
- Hair brooch
Business idea: How to Start a Cupcakes Business from Home In 2021
Starting Steps For Your Business
Starting a business from scratch is never a bed of roses or a cup of tea. Don’t worry, I don’t want to demotivate you here, however, trying to make you conscious before you dive into a business of your passion. Trust me, if you follow the below steps and with God’s grace, you will certainly rank high.
Let’s now have a look at the essential steps to starting an artificial jewellery business.
1. How to start an artificial jewellery business from home
The very first step is to decide on how you want to promote and sell the products. For this, you can start with one of the three following ways:
2. Start a wholesale artificial jewellery business at home
Going with this option, you need to contact manufacturers of imitation ornaments items and purchase them according to your selective business niche. In a business model, most of your sales will be done from selling to jewellery item retailers and the rest directly to the customers.
To manage the business at home, you must have an inventory of products and an adequate space for the stocks. The dark side is the significant investments are higher than the profits by selling directly to the customers at the maximum retail prices.
Reselling is Profitable
3. Start Reselling Products
In case, you don’t want to invest much, joining hands with other successful companies can be a suitable option for you. In this business model, you sell artificial jewellery products on behalf of other organizations to earn margins or commissions.
Now the benefits, you won’t need to store the products at home and you can resell a huge range of artificial jewellery from several vendors. The only downside people see is that they don’t know the quality of the item till the customer needs to exchange in case of damaged products.
4. Start artificial jewellery-making at home & sell on online platforms
If you’re comfortable in artificial jewellery-making at home, the best way is to approach eCommerce websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, IndiaMart, Shopclues, Snapdeal, etc. This business model is the most popular among small business owners.
You can also tie up with eCommerce brands to promote & sell their products, and cut down the cost of setting up an e-store.
5. Find your product’s USP (Unique Selling Propositions)
Once you decide how you will start the business, you should make some unique selling features for the products you select. By doing this, you make your brand unique too and rank your business better than other competitors of the same niche.
You are also required to promote your products online and offline with their USPs which will lead to high sales.
6. Give a name to your artificial jewellery business
Creating a name for your artificial jewellery business requires a lot of skill and you need to work on certain factors. The factors include:
- A unique and special name that isn’t used by any other company before.
- Short, easy to remember or pronounce, and easy to read.
- The name of your brand should convey your business message.
7. Get your artificial jewellery business registered
Once getting a brand name, you have to register your company and receive the license so that you won’t face any legal issues later. This brings a positive impact on the minds of your customer and you’ll be getting more business.
8. Survey/research the artificial jewellery trends
Proper market research is a need in the artificial jewellery business to know the trends and pricing. You also come to know about the various styles and designs of the products to sell and receive maximum profit.
Even knowing the ornaments are artificial, people look for a unique product to make them special function and visible to the crowd.
Finally, to maximize your profit in the business, you should aim to promote and sell well-researched unique products.
9. Use websites and social media sites
Until or unless your business has an online presence, it’s quite difficult to run it. To get it done, you need to go for a website and set up your online business accounts on all the business-profitable social media channels.
Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Twitter are the main components of these social media sites. The websites and the social media networks should be well optimized so that you can reach to maximum audience.
You also can get more consideration by creating an elegant logo. We recommend you to keep posting blogs and articles on your websites and be active on social media networks. Spontaneous revert to your customers and clients enhances the business services.
10. Market your business online and offline
Once your website and other social media sites are set up and optimized, you can jump into promoting your business over there.
In the starting, you need to promote your business in the local market too by using newspapers, pamphlets, television, and visiting cards.
Similar business: How to Start a Baking Business From Your Home
Benefits to starting an artificial jewelley business in India
There are several beneficial opportunities to start an artificial business in the Indian market, and they are as follows:
- Because artificial jewellery is just a replica of real ornaments, it is cost-effective.
- It is handcrafted and customized in a way that it can easily meet the needs of the wearer.
- Men and women can wear such jewellery every day and receive compliments from their friends and family.
- People love and prefer to purchase artificial jewellery as it is economical and graceful.
- Indian ladies, even gents too, never wait for any occasion to wear these ornaments, they love to buy and wear them on normal days to get the attraction.
- It’s being purchased and sold online easily and has an enormous online market.
- The online store format has helped small businesses to come in front of the high jewelry competition. The online opportunities have also improved increasing awareness, selling infrastructure, saving pockets, and many more.
Similar business: How to Start Your own Candle Making Business in Easy Steps
Top 12 Fabulous Artificial Jewellery Brands in India
- Tribe Amrapali
- Zaveri Pearls
- Pipa Bella
- The Luxor
- Suhani Pittie
- Raabta By Rahul
List of Indian manufacturers & suppliers to start the artificial jewellery business with the direct links
- India Mart: Artificial Jewelry – Manufacturers & Suppliers in India (indiamart.com)
- OkCredit: https://okcredit.in/blog/artificial-jewellery-manufacturers-in-india/
- Kanhai Jewels: https://www.kanhaijewels.com/
- Manek Ratna: https://www.manekratna.com/
- Digital Marketing Deal: https://digitalmarketingdeal.com/blog/artificial-jewellery-manufacturers-in-india/
- Padmavati Jewellery: https://www.padmavatijewellery.com/
- E-India Wholesale: https://eindiawholesale.com/
- DWS Jewellery: https://www.dwsjewellery.com/fashion-jewelry-manufacturer.html
- EON Experts Jewellery: https://www.jewelrypalaceindia.com/
- Exporters India.com: https://www.exportersindia.com/indian-suppliers/imitation-jewelry.htm
Related Business: Starting a web design business in 2021
Initial Investment for Artificial Jewellery Business
The initial investment for an artificial jewellery business can vary depending on the scale and scope of the business. Here are some of the key factors that will impact the investment required:
- Inventory: The cost of purchasing inventory is likely to be the biggest expense when starting an artificial jewellery business. The cost will depend on the type, quality and quantity of jewellery you plan to sell.
- Equipment and supplies: You may need to purchase equipment such as display cases, packaging materials, and tools for repairing or creating jewellery.
- Marketing and branding: You will need to allocate funds for creating a website, marketing campaigns, and branding materials.
- Rent and utilities: If you plan to operate a physical storefront, you will need to factor in the cost of rent and utilities.
- Legal and administrative expenses: There may be costs associated with registering your business, obtaining necessary permits and licenses, and hiring professional services such as accountants or lawyers.
Business idea: Start Your Own Bonsai Tree Business
Potential Earning From Artificial Jewellery Business
The potential earnings from an artificial jewellery business will depend on several factors such as the quality of the products, the pricing strategy, the target market, and the competition in the industry.
If you can create a unique and attractive product line that appeals to your target customers, and you are able to offer it at competitive prices, you may be able to generate significant earnings.
In general, the profit margin for artificial jewellery is usually high, as the cost of materials and production is relatively low compared to the selling price. The profit margin can range from 50% to 100% or more, depending on the specific products and pricing strategy.
It’s important to note that the potential earnings can vary significantly depending on the size and scope of your business, as well as market demand and consumer trends. Conducting market research and creating a solid business plan can help you estimate the potential earnings for your artificial jewellery business.
Business idea: What is Dropshipping Business Model? Steps to Start Dropshipping Business in India?
An artificial jewellery business can be a great start for you if every step applied successfully with a plan. Proper market and competitor research help you to understand the customer’s real need and the correct market to target.
The business is assessable for a middle-class person since it is very cost-effective, high in demand artificial products, and can be started in both online and offline markets.
The basic rules to understand and practice are to maintain ethical standards, have a well-researched business strategy, and stay motivated through a hard time in your business.
All the necessary steps have also been shared above and there will be no issue to start your own artificial jewellery business!
In case of any query and further help, we suggest you to please leave your precious comment here.
Thanks and regards