LED Business plan
In the last ten years the majority of people have adopted LED lighting. Everyone appreciated the good quality of light in low power consumption. There is no doubt in this fact from a business point of view LED lighting is considered one of the most profitable businesses in the world.
In this article I will try to brief you about how to start a LED light manufacturing plan and all necessary details for a startup.
To stand ahead in the market, the need for advanced technology is always high. If you compare it to the initial level of LED bulbs ten years ago, and today you can see a height difference in quality and price range.
Without wasting any time let’s begin LED light manufacturing plan.
How do I start a LED light manufacturing business ?
LED Light Manufacturing Business Registrations and Licenses
1.Registration of Company with ROC (Registrar of Companies)- You can start your LED light manufacturing business either in partnership or proprietorship firm. …
2. Trade license from Municipal Authority- You need to approach to your local municipal authorities to obtain trade licenses.
What are good LED light companies?
Top 10 Largest LED Lighting Manufacturing companies in the World
- Acuity Brands. Founded: 2001. …
- Cree. Founded: 1987. …
- GE Lighting. Founded: 1911. …
- Philips Lighting/Signify. Founded: 1891. …
- Osram. Founded: 1919. …
- Nichia Corporation. Founded: 1956. …
- Seoul Semiconductor. Founded: 1992. …
- Zumtobel Group. Founded: 1950.
Are LED lights a good investment or not ?
LED Lights Last And That Will Save You Money
No doubt, they are more expensive than incandescent bulbs, but the prices are dropping now. And the way you should really think about it is that LEDs are a good of a long term investment. So, while the upfront cost might be a little higher for you, the payback time is worth it.
How do I register my LED bulbs?
The entrepreneur needs to obtain following licences and registrations from government authorities for business:
- Company registration with ROC.
- Trade licence from municipal authority.
- Udyog Aadhaar MSME registration.
- BIS certification.
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency certification.
- NOC from Pollution Control Board.
- GST registration.
How do you manufacture LED chips?
The Manufacturing Process
1.In first step, a semiconductor wafer is made. …
2. In second step,the boule is then sliced into very thin wafers of semiconductor, approximately 10 mils thick, or about as thick as a garbage bag. …
3. In next move, the wafers are cleaned through a rigorous chemical and ultrasonic process using various solvents.
Is LED manufactured in India?
The company is one of the India’s largest manufacturing of LEDs, LED displays and opto electronic products. Kwality isn’t the only first Indian company to have successfully established LED production in India and commands the highest market share in domestic sales as well.
For any business location is really important. In LED light manufacturing you will have to arrange minimum 500 sq feet area. This will be better for you to divide this space into compartments as per need. First is for processing ( 280 sq feet ) second compartment is for storage ( 93 sq feet ) to store your raw material and LED components. Last compartment is for assemble and testing of your LED bulbs ( 185 sq feet ).
Keep remember this location should be nearby to the main road for uploading or unloading material.
Raw material required for LED light manufacturing (10W LED-based system)
- Connecting wire
- Heat-sink devices
- LED chips
- Metallic cap holder
- Miscellaneous parts
- Packaging material
- Plastic body
- Rectifier circuit with filter
- Reflector plastic glass
- Soldering flux
List of machinery required for LED light manufacturing
- Candlelight assembly machine for LED
- High speed LED mounting machine
- LED chip SMD mounting machine
- LED lights assembly machine
- LED PCB assembly machine
- LED tube light assembly machine
Apart from the heavy working machinery, you need some small equipment for LED manufacturing
- Continuity tester
- Digital multi-meter
- LCR meter
- Lux meter
- Packaging machine
- Sealing machine
- Small drilling machine
- Soldering machine
As per the particular kind of LED, you must need source the assembling innovative technology. For the most part, a portion is belongs to the Govt. associations gives the assembling technology to the specific measure of expenses. Be that as it may, it is fitting to get the most innovative technology from the reliable sources.
LED Light Manufacturing Process
Making semiconductor wafer
1. In initial step semiconductor wafer is made, the composite material like GaAs, GaP, etc are determined by the color of LED being manufacture.
The crystalline semiconductor is developed in full temperature and high-pressure chamber.
Arsenic, gallium, and/or phosphor are purified and mixed together in high temperature and high-pressure chamber.
2. Liquid encapsulation: The components are press together and liquefied and then they are forced into solution. To keep them from escaping in the chamber they are covered with the layer of boron oxide which seals them this process is calLED as liquid encapsulation.
After the element is mixed well properly and form a uniform solution. A rod is dipped into the solution and pulLED out from chamber slowly. While pulling solution cools and forms a long crystalline ingot of GaAs, GaP, or GaAsP.
3. Wafer polishing: the boule is sliced into thin (approximately 10 mils) wafers of semiconductor.
Wafers are polished until its surface became proper smooth so wafers can rapidly accept more layers of a semiconductor on the surface.
4. Cleaning of wafer: manufactured wafers are cleaned properly through rigorous chemical and ultrasonic process using various solvents; this process removes the organic matters properly that may settle on the polished wafer surface.
This cleaning process gives you the better LED.
Adding epitaxial layers
5. The layers of semiconducting crystal are manufacture on the surface of a polished clean wafer this process is calLED Liquid Phase Epitaxy (LPE).
In this process, semiconducting layers that have same crystalline orientation are deposited on the wafer.The layered wafer rest on the graphite slide which pushed channel under of molten liquid
Different types of dopants are added in the melt to creating a layer of material with various electronic densities, the deposition of layers became continues wafer’s crystal structure.
Liquid Phase Epitaxy (LPE) creates a good uniform layer of material which is several microns thick.
6. After adding several layers it is mandatory to add extra dopants to alter the characteristics of diodes for color and efficiency.
Once extra doping is done wafer is again placed in a high-pressure furnace were it in a gaseous atmosphere containing the dopants like zinc ammonium or nitrogen; Nitrogen is added to the top layer of the diode to make the green light or yellow.
Adding metal contacts
7. Introduce metal contact: Metal contact is well introduced on the wafer.
The contact pattern depends on the design stage and diode combination (whether it is singular or combines).
Contact pattern is reproduced in photoresist resist which is a light-sensitive compound in itself, the light-sensitive compound is distributing over the surface of the wafer. The photoresist resist is hardened by a brief at down temperature around 100oC.
This pattern is duplicated on photoresist placing it over the layered wafer and exposing the resist with ultraviolet light.
The exposed area of photoresist resist is properly washed with the developer and unexposed area is covered with the semiconducting layers.
8. The Contact metals is evaporated in another high-temperature vacuum-seaLED chamber and filLED in the exposed area.
Contact metal will stick to the exposed area of semiconductor wafer and photoresist can then be washed away with acetone easily. As result only metal contacts are remaining on the semiconductor wafer.
An extra layer of metal will add on the back side of wafers according to final mounting scheme for the LED.
Deposited metal undergoes an annealing process where the wafer is heated for several hours in the furnace with an inert atmosphere of nitrogen or hydrogen flowing through it; during this process, the link between the metal and the semiconductor become stronger.
9. A single 2-inch wafer created in this way will have a same pattern repeated up to 6000 times on this; it gives an indication of the extent of the completed diodes.
The diodes are cut by sawing method or cleaving, each segment cut from the wafer is known as the die which is a difficult process having lots of error.
Cutting results or splitting in far less than 6000 total useable LEDs and is one of the greatest difficulties in constraining generation expenses of semiconductor gadgets.
Mounting and packaging
10. Individual dies are mounted on the approximate package; it mounted on two metals lead of two inches long.
The back side of the wafer is coated with metal lead to form an electrical contact with lead it rests on. A thin gold wire is soldered to the other lead and ware bonded to pattern contact on the surface of dies.
In wire connection, the finish of the wire is pushed down on the contact metal with a fine needle. The gold is sufficiently delicate to twist and adhere to like metal surface.
11. Finally, the entire assembly is seaLED with plastic properly, the dies and wire are hung inside the mold that shaped according to an optical requirement of package.
Mold is filLED with liquid plastic or epoxy and package is completed.
Thank you all readers for separating your valuable timing in reading this business article and all the best to you all for your LED light manufacturing business, love you all and bless you.
You can share your feedback in comment box and make contact on my email address.